If you have existing scripts you wish to convert to the Practical Scriptwriter FSC file format you can use our free script converter.
Before you do, please read the following:
The accuracy of the converter depends on the layout of your script. The following points increase the accuracy. A little work on the RTF file before you convert it will save time later.
1. Make sure your Scene Headers start with "INT." or "EXT." and are not numbered.
2. Make sure Parentheticals are on a separate line.
3. Make sure all character names are in all capital letters.
4. If dialogue is split with a parenthetical, make sure the characters name is present for the resumed dialogue
This is simply for the converter to attempt to assign dialogue to a particular character.
5. "Side by Side" dialogue is not supported. Split it into consecutive dialogue entries.
6. Don't import the title sheet/contact details. These are handled separately by Practical Scriptwriter.
The Next Steps